Front End Developers are builders. We derive pleasure from translating, kerning and leading, to letter-spacing and line-height, creating and staying under a site performance budget, and writing good, semantic markup. We often think in terms of systems and interactions and know that the smallest design touches can mean the difference between a good site and a great site. We have empathy for the end user, which translates to good user experience.
At Ntara, Front End Developers are part of our Creative Team. Our work informs the work of designers and their work informs ours. Not a day goes by without collaboration on the design or functionality of a site. As closely as we work with designers, we also understand the world of Back End developers. We think of ways to make their lives easier and cut down on development time.
Things that make a successful Front End Developer at Ntara
- Hand-coding HTML5, CSS(LESS), and JS (JQuery) to create appealing responsive websites of highest quality
- Developing and executing performance budgets for sites
- Creating prototypes for proof of concept to support sales or otherwise
- An impeccable eye for detail with the ability to match your UI to any design in a cross-browser environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an affinity for problem-solving
- Ability to self-manage during projects and proactively raise issues/concerns to the team
Does that sound like you?
Yes? Good. Keep reading.
No? Keep in touch. We may have other positions opening soon that better fit your skills.
Things that will help you excel at Ntara
- Collaboration with designers during composition phase
- Handoff from design compositions to Front End
- Quality Assuarance before Back End Development hand-off
- Handoff from Front End to Back End Development
- Quality Assuarance before client hand-off
- Occassional content entry
- Improve Front End process
- Learn from experience and from others to grow your skillset
- Droppin' anyone who dares to challenge us on the ping pong table
Don’t have all of those experiences? That’s okay. We foster an environment of learning. However, if you get an interview, you should do some research on what we just mentioned.
A day in the life of a Front End Developer at Ntara
This is a full-time, on site position at the Ntara world headquarters in Johnson City, Tennessee. We are not considering remote candidates for this position at this time.
Wow, you are still here.
All kidding aside, we know that any one person can make a big impact on our business and not always in a positive way. We are looking for the best and the brightest. If you think you have what it takes, then we look forward to hearing from you.