At Ntara, we are digital craftsmen. We believe if something can be imagined, it can be created. The right person for this position must first and foremost be a craftsman. A craftsman values precision and purposefulness, knowing that what is created will become legacy. A craftsman takes pride when breathing life into creations, carefully selecting the tools and materials needed to build something that exceeds the expectation. A craftsman is masterful and able to make complex things feel simple. Though the craftsman is driven to create the best product out of the best materials, the craftsman isn’t egotistical, believing it is a gift to create something that serves others.
Specifically for this role, you must have the ability to develop large scale websites for our clients. The sites you build will reside on a content management system that utilizes the ASP.NET framework. The sites range from micro/promotional sites to e-commerce implementations for enterprise-level customers. The successful candidate will demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
You must also be able to build trust and confidence with team members. That could be through (mostly) friendly games of ping pong, or in front of the computer discussing new ways to go about doing everyday tasks. Being the right person for this job means not only having the skills we’ve listed below, but also the ability to walk onto our team and be impactful.
Things that make a successful .NET Developer at Ntara
Knowledge & understanding of:
- Multi-tier web application development
- ASP.NET C#
- Object-oriented programming concepts
- HTML/CSS implementation and development
- XML/XSLT development
- T-SQL (Transform Services and Database Design)
- Stored procedures
- Source control experience
Working knowledge of:
- Visual Studio .NET 2010/12/13
- Windows 8/10 Professional
- Tortoise SVN
- Windows Server 2008/12
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- IIS 7/7.5
- Adobe Design Studio products
- Microsoft Office products
Does that sound like you?
Yes? Good. Keep reading.
No? Keep in touch. We may have other positions opening soon that better fit your skills.
Things that will help you excel at Ntara
- Mobile/app development (Objective C, Swift, Java)
- Implementation of 3rd party APIs and SDKs
- SVN source control
- TeamCity automated build tools
- Management of web and database servers in both Windows and Linux
- Ektron content management system
- Insite e-commerce platform
- Kentico content management system
- E-commerce implementation and development
- Writing and interacting with SOAP and REST web services
- Leadership and management capabilities
- Application development
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Ability to multitask
- Proactive problem solving
Don’t have all of those experiences? That’s okay. We foster an environment of learning. However, if you get an interview, you should do some research on what we just mentioned.
A day in the life of a .NET Developer at Ntara
- Create websites and applications utilizing the technologies listed
- Support websites and applications
- Requirements gathering
- Designing technical specifications
- Quality assurance testing
- Perform maintenance on database-driven web applications
- Develop process improvements
Wow, you are still here.
All kidding aside, we know that any one person can make a big impact on our business and not always in a positive way. We are looking for the best and the brightest. If you think you have what it takes, then we look forward to hearing from you.